Thursday, September 22, 2011

Popsicle!


So I've been feeling under the weather lately, but now it's time to catch up on my recipes! On September 14th my beautiful daughter turned two! Each day with her brings new surprises and challenges to what my definition of being her mommy means. She is like her daddy; a burst of beaming energy from the moment she wakes up in the morning. She eats like my husband too (lots of little meals). She loves breakfast food, fruit, and variety so I'm constantly trying to think of new ways to reinvent her favorite foods. Here are 2 sneaky non-baking recipes for her favorite "ice cream". Anything put in Popsicle molds is "ice cream" to my daughter and I'm going to milk every minute of this phase until she gets wise!
One of our favorite fruits is watermelon..oh if they had good ripe watermelon year round I'd swear I'd live off it.
Sadly, it is past watermelon season, but I will try to sneak in one last one and to my disappointment it will be overly ripe. That is what inspired this delightful treat. One mushy watermelon..just pureed in
my food processor then poured in the mold with a little bit of mini chocolate chips and frozen...mmm so good! Layla loved them too.
The other thing I've been putting in my Popsicle molds is yogurt. We use Organic yogurt usually in strawberry or vanilla. Here I poured in the strawberry, again a
few
mini chocolate chips and voila! Layla loved it so much she left none to share with Cara.

No comments:

Post a Comment